SIMON Chapereka’s career started in 1985 when he joined Apex Corporation as a trainee manager.
He then worked as an accountant for various companies and joined Fidelity Life in January 2000 as general manager (finance and administration). He moved to Fidelity Life Asset Management as acting managing director in July 2001. He was appointed group finance director of ZimRe Holdings Limited in July 2001.
The Fidelity Life Assurance Group comprises the following companies:
- Fidelity Life Assurance of Zimbabwe;
- Fidelity Funeral Assurance Company;
- Fidelity Life Asset Management;
- Fidelity Life Financial Services;
- Zimbabwe Actuarial Consultants;
- Vanguard Life Assurance Company (Malawi);
Chapereka also held the following positions:
- Past chairman of the Life Association of Zimbabwe;
- Current president of the Insurance Institute of Zimbabwe.
Chapereka is a Chartered Accountant (Z) who holds an Honours Degree in Business Studies (UZ) and an MBA (UZ). He is also an associate member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and a Chartered Management Accountant. He is a church elder at Greendale District, Harare.
Chapereka is also the chairman of the finance committee of the church.