The Nissan Dealer Awards is an event where Nissan Zimbabwe, the Franchise Custodian for Zimbabwe, facilitates an annual dealer network conference and awards evening in recognition of the top performing Dealerships who were able to meet and exceed the high standards set by the Nissan Brand. The awards recognise outstanding contributions from Nissan’s dealer network and its teams. The teams being:
Clover Leaf Motors
Golden Stairs Garage
The event started with cocktails and canapés on Friday evening, March 23 2012, accompanied by a welcome message from Brendon Butterworth, Sales & Dealer Development Manager for Nissan Zimbabwe. One another’s company was enjoyed in a social environment and the conversation drifted between the past year, the current year, and the forthcoming year.
Saturday morning, March 24 saw the start of a network conference between Nissan Zimbabwe and its Dealer network. The conference aimed to analyse 2011 performances and potential future opportunities for both the Nissan Brand and the Dealer network in Zimbabwe. Presentations on various aspects of the business were given by the following members of the Nissan Zimbabwe Team:
Marius Prinsloo: Managing Director
Brendon Butterworth: Sales & Dealer Development Manager
Mehluli Khumalo: Aftersales & Parts Manager
Lindsay Ehrich: Marketing Manager
Saturday afternoon saw the Nissan Team relax and enjoy the spectacular surroundings and services of Troutbeck Resort. Panoramas from World’s View, golf, trout fishing and horse-riding were the activities of choice.
Saturday evening saw the Nissan family gather with their spouses for the Dealer Award Ceremony. An introductory speech of congratulations and thanks from Managing Director Marius Prinsloo began the ceremony and was followed by a Global Nissan update from Guest of Honour for the evening, Mr Jim Dando. Mr Dando is the General Manager of Export Operations for the Nissan African Regional Office (NARO). In his speech, Mr Dando listed the top five Nissan National Sales Companies (by volume) in Africa as:
Dando then announced Zimbabwe the top Nissan National Sales Company, by “quality of operations” in Africa. This is a tremendous achievement of which Nissan Zimbabwe is extremely proud.
A three course formal dinner then commenced, and shortly after the main course, the award ceremony began. Each category was detailed and eagerly followed by the nominees for each category. Award winners all collected a specially crafted award from a Nissan business affiliate or key industry player.
The Award Categories & Presenters:
• Nissan Sales CSI Dealer 2011: presented by David Tigere, Director of Southern Business Services
• Nissan Service CSI Dealer 2011: presented by Jerita Tigere, Director of Southern Business Services
• Nissan Overall CSI Dealer 2011: presented by Naison Pedzisai, Managing Director of AMC (Nissan Overall CSI Dealer of 2010)
• Nissan Sales Executive 2011: presented by Jean Martin, Finance Manager, Nissan Zimbabwe
• Nissan Sales Manager 2011: presented by Brendon Butterworth, Sales & Dealer Development Manager, Nissan Zimbabwe
• Nissan Service Manager 2011: presented by John Kunene, Logistics Manager, Nissan Zimbabwe
• Nissan Parts Manager 2011: presented by Mehluli Khumalo, Aftersales & Parts Manager, Nissan Zimbabwe
• Nissan SHAPE Dealer 2011: presented by Lindsay Ehrich, Marketing Manager, Nissan Zimbabwe
• Nissan Most Improved Dealer 2011: presented by Marius Prinsloo, Managing Director, Nissan Zimbabwe
• Nissan Dealer of the Year 2011: presented by Jim Dando, General Manager of Export Operations, Nissan African Regional Office (NARO)
The Award Winners:
• Nissan Sales CSI Dealer 2011: AMTEC MOTORS
• Nissan Service CSI Dealer 2011: CLOVER LEAF MOTORS HARARE
• Nissan Overall CSI Dealer 2011: CROCO MOTORS
• Nissan Sales Executive 2011: PHILLIMON BANDAWA, CROCO MOTORS
• Nissan Sales Manager 2011: ZVINAIYE CHEKWA, CROCO MOTORS
• Nissan Service Manager 2011: GEORGE CHARAURA, CLOVER LEAF MOTORS HARARE
• Nissan Parts Manager 2011: NORMAN SIYAMUZHOMBWE, AMTEC MOTORS
• Nissan SHAPE Dealer 2011: CLOVER LEAF MOTORS HARARE
• Nissan Most Improved Dealer 2011: AMTEC MOTORS
• Nissan Dealer of the Year 2011: CLOVER LEAF MOTORS HARARE
Mr Prinsloo closed the evening by thanking the Nissan Team for their efforts and support of the Nissan Brand across Zimbabwe. The dance floor was then officially opened and the Nissan Team proceeded to celebrate and party in style into the early hours of Sunday morning.
Nissan will move forward through 2012 positively and effectively having furnished themselves with all the necessary information to successfully drive the Nissan Brand to retain its position as the NO 1 NEW VEHICLE FRANCHISE IN ZIMBABWE TODAY.