Nengomasha Qatar deal hits brickwall

WARRIORS and “former” Kaizer Chiefs midfielder, Tinashe Nengomasha is back in South Africa after Al Ahli Doha of Qatar failed to offer him a contract.

Nengomasha was last month reported to have joined Al Ahli Doha, with Kaizer Chiefs confirming as much on their website and Amakhosi football manager Bobby Motaung wishing him well in his new venture.
According to KickOff.com yesterday, Nengomasha was back in South Africa after the team failed to offer him a contract.
“There was a lot of confusion in the whole deal and what is more disappointing is that the coach of the team in Qatar was not even aware that Nengomasha was coming, even though in South Africa it was already reported that he signed for Al Ahli Doha,” KickOff.com said. “He is back in the country and waiting to hear from Chiefs on his next move.”
When contacted for comment, Nengomasha confirmed that he was back in the country, but referred KickOff.com to Motaung for more information relating to his failed move.
It was not immediately clear if Nengomasha would return to Kaizer Chiefs.
On July 27 it was reported that Nengomasha, who represented Zimbabwe at the 2004 and 2006 Africa Nations Cup competitions, had finally left Kaizer Chiefs after nine seasons of top class service. The hard-tackling midfielder was said to have joined the club’s training camp in France, where they were preparing for the new season.
On their website, Chiefs said Nengomasha’s move was well deserved after years at the club during which he won a League title and several cup trophies.
“Nengomasha has been a loyal servant of the club since arriving here as a teenager. He grew to become one of the key players for the team, captaining the team in some instances. We wish him all the best in his endeavours,” said the club’s football manager Bobby Motaung.
Nengomasha’s move to Qatar has been shrouded in controversy with Zimbabwe Crackers, the team that owns the Warriors midfielder, demanding R1, 2 million for his transfer from Kaizer Chiefs to Al Ahli Doha.
Crackers’ claim comes after the Zimbabwe Independent’s sister paper, NewsDay, last month published a story of the transfer of the player for a reported figure of R8 million and that Aces Youth Academy director, Marc Duvillard, had fraudulently sold the player to Chiefs in 2002 when it had been declared that he belonged to Crackers.
Nengomasha was on loan to Black Aces when he was sold off and Duvillard has been reported to the police for alleged fraud involving R100 000 of the transfer fee.
On July 14, Crackers chairman Justice Nyamutsamba wrote to Zifa asking them to demand the 15% fee from Chiefs.
Nengomasha played almost 250 league and cup games for the club over the past nine seasons, winning all the country’s major trophies.
Nengomasha has seen his previous moves to France and Turkey fall through when he was at Chiefs.— Staff Writer/ Kickoff.

Top