Designer to the stars faces rape charges in NY

AN award-winning fashion designer to the stars who is accused of sexually assaulting 18 young models in California has been charged with assaulting nine more women in New York, prosecutors said on Wednesday.


A Manhattan grand ju

ry indicted Anand Jon Alexander (33) with sodomy, rape and other charges involving young women and girls as young as 14 between 2002 and 2006, prosecutors said.


The Indian-born designer has clothed Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani, Middle Eastern royalty, Donald Trump, Paris Hilton and singers Mary J Blige and Alanis Morissette, according to his Website. He is in Los Angeles County Jail awaiting trial.


“As he has in the past, (Alexander) has asserted his innocence,” said Alexander’s lawyer in California, Donald Marks.


In October, Alexander pleaded not guilty to the California charges.


Alexander has not posted the $2,1 million bail a judge set for him in California, but if he does he would face extradition to New York, prosecutors said.


No arraignment had been scheduled in New York. Alexander was due in court in California on December 6. — Reuters.

Top