JONATHAN Moyo’s $2 billion lawsuits against two senior Zanu PF politburo members, has been adjourned to November when the two defendants, Speaker of the House of Assembly, John Nkomo and Dumiso Dabengwa are expected to testify.
tify>The case which opened at the Bulawayo High Court last month was adjourned by Justice Francis Bere to Novemeber 28 when Dabengwa and Nkomo are expected to testify and call witnesses.
The second phase of the case will run from November 28 to December 8 before a judgement is passed.
In the case, the former information minister is suing the two senior Zanu PF members for defamation over statements the two made in Tsholotsho alleging that Moyo plotted a coup against President Mugabe.
The lawyer representing Moyo in the case, Job Sibanda of Job Sibanda and Associates this week confirmed the adjournment of the case.
“The case has been pencilled in for November 28 and will end on 8 December,” Sibanda said.
“We expect that all parties will have presented their case by then.”
He however said if the case is not finalised by then, it could be re-scheduled to a later date.
The court case has aroused interest in the intricate succession issue and confidential party correspondence has been produced in court as evidence.
The alleged coup plot refers to a meeting in Dinyane in Tsholotsho allegedly organised and convened by Moyo, together with other senior Zanu PF leaders, aimed at blocking the appointment of Joice Mujuru as second vice-president of Zanu PF. — Staff Writer.