Mandaza to file contempt of court charge

ZIMBABWE Mirror Newspapers Group CEO and editor-in-chief Ibbo Mandaza said yesterday he will today file a contempt of court charge against his company’s board which has prevented him from resuming duties despite the nullification of

his suspension.


Mandaza, who secured a court order against his suspension last week and a “clarification order” to put the lifting of his suspension beyond doubt, said the Mirror board had issued a memo to employees urging them not to cooperate with him and said that “amounted to contempt of court”.


“The circular amounts to a contempt of court and my lawyers are going to court tomorrow (today) to file a contempt of court charge,” Mandaza said.

“The court order interdicts, prohibits and restrains some board members from holding or continuing any disciplinary proceedings or other actions against me.”


The Mirror group, publishers of the Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror, has been taken over by the Central Intelligence Organsiation using public funds.


Mandaza was first suspended in October by Mirror chair Jonathan Kadzura and his deputy John Marangwanda. He had to fight in court to overturn his suspension. — Staff Writer.

Top